Monday, March 1, 2010

First Donor And Sponsor - His Phoenix

I met Wendy C. on Freecycle Woodstock, this past month. She offered to make a necklace for me to auction off, to raise money for my walk. Please keep in mind, at the time i had never met her before, she went took it upon her self to open her heart, and your personal business to me.

Please take the time to read a little bit about her below.
"I come from a long line of artisans, be it music, theatre, quilting, crochet, or painting, so i believe that art runs in my blood. My husband is a rock hound. He loves to dig in the dirt and find treasures of all kinds. He is learning how to facet his own semi-precious and precious stones. I have always loved to make things with my hands. I have dabbled in just about all the arts, but jewelry is my main choice of outlet. It allows me more creativity. I am also currently writing a novel and I am also published poet.

I am married with one son, who will be 17 in April and a grown step-daughter,who is getting married this year and they have a son together, who is 5.

On a more personal note: I have all kinds of cancer in my background. One uncle died of Pancreatic cancer, my grandmother and another uncle died of heart disease and i also have two aunts who have survived breast cancer. This cause has a close meaning for me... because someday it may be my turn to fight this disease."

No comments:

Post a Comment